Monday, March 15, 2010

Dreams come true !!!

As a small kid , i dreamt of having many things when i grow up. As i started growing up my Priorities changed but these three things always remained in my mind.

1. Owning a Bike
2. Having a Good Camera
3. A good Stereo ( which has a very powerful sound)

( I must remind that a bike , an SLR & a big stereo was uncommon and an envious possession in those days)

My first job was in Ahmednagar and the Factory was far from the Company hostel. Thus came my first bike " Pulsar 150 cc". During the last eight years, my Pulsar has been a part of many unforgettable journies. The most important one was travelling 400 Miles without a backup with my brother Prashant to the Ajanta Ellora caves, Daulatabad fort, biwi ka makbara, Shani Mandir.

My friend Venkatesh ( Venky ) harboured an ambition to be a director. After shooting for a couple of documentries in Delhi, he came to the city of dreams to try his luck in bollywood. One day, while sitting over a cup of morning tea, he told me that he would get all his heroine's photoshoot done by me. I spent my entire saving in purchasing a Nikon F80 that very evening. The very next day, i also enrolled myself to do a certificate course in Photography at the Photographic Society of India.
Venky went back to Delhi after three months, but i still beleive he will live up to his words :-)

My friend Vikas, wanted to buy a good mobile phone and as bachelors, who do nothing on Sundays i went along with him to give credibility to his decision. After all he wanted to buy an expensive one. As luck would have it, i came across this Yamaha Amplifier with a 5.1 Speakers + woofer and to add to my temtation, the shop was giving a 6 month interest free installment to purchase it. More than anything , i would not have bought it if Vikas would not have supported the credibility of my decision.

I drove my bike a lot and enjoyed every moment riding it ; i clicked some very beautiful pictures with my camera and enjoyed every wave of music when i increased the volumes of my home theatre to vibrating walls. But then, with years they lost significance, they are still with me but the passion of ownership, which i had dreamt as a child is lost.

2 comments:

PK said...

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get what you desire. The other is to get it.

Soumitra said...

Passion is never lost, it dies down because of our own lack of effort in trying to keep it burning. Keep cleaning ur bike and oiling it every Sunday and the passion will b back again